This fabric design was created by a US-based independent fabric designer.
The fabric designer took inspiration from the Napoleon's choice of the bee as the emblem to represent his status as Emperor. Apparently Napoleon figured using the bee would give the impression of legitimacy by tying his government to that of the ancient kings with symbolism.
Whether or not you are looking to link your décor to that of ancient French royalty, these pillows add a chic sense of French flare anywhere you place them. The front of the pillow is solid poissy (vibrant pink) with the gold/gilt bees, the back of the pillow is a solid poissy in the same fabric. Celosia Velvet is the material, and it is a short pile, heavyweight polyester fabric with an elegant shimmer.
The fabric is printed in the United States using eco-friendly, water-based inks.
We offer the standard inserts of 20"x20", but also offer the option of ordering a 22"x22" insert if you want the pillow to appear more plump. If you order a pillow cover and pillow form you will receive the pillow with the pillow form inserted.
- Fabric: Celosia Velvet - 100% Heavyweight Polyester with a short pile and elegant shimmer
- Fabric Designer: Sarah Mason Walden (United States)
- Fabric Construction: Knit, Warp Pile Velvet
- Dimensions: 20"x20"
- Closure: Invisible Zipper
- Insert Included?: No, but you can choose an insert option
- Manufactured in the United States of America
- Sewn in Georgia
- Pillow Inserts Made in the United States
- Remove Insert
- Wash in cool water/delicate cycle, no bleach
- Tumble dry on low heat
- Remove promptly to avoid wrinkles
- Can be dry cleaned, if preferred